Monday 27 April 2009

The Cable Guy is Underrated Guys



I'm only bringing this up because I was reading reviews for Seth Rogen's new film Observe and Report, which is apparently a dark comedy. Observe and Report has a fairly lackluster IMDb rating, but is generally getting good reviews. Although I haven't seen the film, hearing about it reminds me of The Cable Guy, which is actually an Apatow flick also. It was critically destroyed and is the butt of many jokes, however, if it was out now I think the reviews would be favourable, to be honest. At the time I think critics were bored of Jim Carrey and Carrey fans expected something like Ace Ventura. Basically this is just a rant to say that The Cable Guy is a good film, one of Jim Carrey's best, along with The Trueman Show and Eternal Sunshine..., watch it and judge again. Tell me what you think of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment